Friday, December 14, 2012

Oh no... Reviews of the The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

Has anybody here seen The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey yet?

I'm usually skeptical about movie reviewers, but I really don't want to sit through a movie filled with just one fight scene after the next, especially since the book only had like, what, two fight scenes?

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_hobbit_an_unexpected_journey/

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-207_162-57559214/the-hobbit-an-unexpected-journey-reviews-are-in/

Apparently, the movie has some great set pieces, and stunning visuals. Unfortunately, as I guessed, in order to make the Hobbit into a trilogy he had to put in a lot of filler.

Please don't let this be like another Star Wars prequel. I don't want to relive that moment, while sitting in a theater watching the pod race in The Phantom Menace, when I searched my feelings and it dawned on me:

I'm bored. I'm bored during a Star Wars movie. No... No... It's not true. That's impossible!
NOOOOOOoooooo!!!!

All right, a bit melodramatic but I don't want my memories of the LotR movies marred by the Hobbit, like the Star Wars prequels did for episodes IV, V. and VI.


3 comments:

  1. I can think of a few fight scenes in the book, though it's been a long time since I read it:
    1. goblins
    2. wargs
    3. something with Beorn, maybe
    4. spiders
    5. Smaug
    6. Battle of five armies
    So, 2 battle scenes per movie, with the best two in the last one. It seems like a 2-parter might have been more appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the movie. It doesn't take itself too serious, but is fun. There are a couple eye rolling moments but it is supposed to be more childish in nature, so I can accept them. It is a fun movie that makes for a pleasant afternoon at the movie theater. I would recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good. A couple of others have also told me it was a decent movie. I'm glad my initial fears aren't founded.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...