Monday, December 31, 2012

So long 2012! And Happy New Year!





Thank you for reading this blog!

May you look back on 2012 with fondness, and may 2013 be even better!

How did you do on those New Year's Resolutions?

I finished all of mine except the losing weight thing. Hey, I lost weight, just not my desired goal. Oh well, next year, right? ;)

It was a busy year. About This time last year I was going full bore into finishing my master's thesis, Peter the Hermit: Straddling the Boundaries of Lordship, Millennialism, and Heresy. Last May I graduated, and presented my thesis at the 47th  International Congress on Medieval Studies. Also finished my part in ISU's Gold Star Hall Project, writing a few hundred biographies of former ISU students who died during World War I and World War II. Their names are etched in stone in the ISU Memorial Union's Gold Star Hall, and you can read the biographies in the kiosk there. Along the way I became a columnist for the Iowa State Daily until I graduated.

Summer found me looking for jobs while visiting friends in Washington D.C. and making new friends in Georgia. In early fall I moved from Iowa to Georgia. In the meantime I've written a handful of short stories.

On December 11, I did what I've always wanted to do since I was seven: I completed the first draft of a novel. I'll start revising it in January. And it appears I've already started on my second.

Then, of course, there's this blog.

d20 Dark Ages has been a lot of fun to write. I hope you had fun reading it.

Although it seems like everybody is migrating to Google+ communities, I'll still be updating this blog regularly for the foreseeable future (though it'll be a few days before I post again). Look forward to more monsters from 1980s cartoons converted into S&W stats, retrospectives, mini-mondays, and miscellaneous gaming related material. Furthermore, I look forward to your comments.

Some people may think I'm talking about doom and gloom. Really, I'm arguing for doom and boom! Out of the fragmentation of the old way of things, something new will arise.

Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...