Wednesday, December 12, 2012

What More Do I Want?

So I posed the question: "Do we live in the d20 Dark Ages?" on EN World, half-expected to be poking a bear. So far, the responses have been good. Hussar had a great response. He argues that we're actually in the Golden Age of the hobby, "What more do you want?"

I was stumped for a bit

You can read my response on En World to get the context or below.

I guess these could be my mission statements.

----

What more do I want? 

Well, my answer is based on my experiences...

--For people to stop judging me based on whatever edition or version of D&D I decide to run as a DM, without regard to the fact that I do run great sessions and tell great stories. 

--Less emphasis on the rules, more emphasis on game play. Yes, RPG companies thrive on selling rules and supplements to players. Yet I've noticed over the years players spending more time looking at their characters sheets or consulting rulebooks rather than paying attention to what's going in the game. 

--More emphasis on the history and literature that inspired the hobby.

--To run my Expeditions in the Northlands Campaign and play in a Dungeon Crawl Classics campaign. 

--To introduce more people to the hobby using the above paradigms.

----

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...