Monday, March 11, 2013

Mini Monday: Mouslings!


Need an idea for a gift for your girlfriend or wife?

Get some Reaper Mouslings! No, really. It'll help you justify your hobby to your significant other as well as say: "I love you."

I gave the three on the right to my girlfriend for Valentine's Day.

Here's a rough step-by-step on how I painted them.
1. Primed black.
2. Undercoat of Games Workshop Bestial Brown for their fur.
3. Oiled Leather (by Reaper) for the archer's tunic and cape.
4. I layered with a lighter shades of brown on the archer and the Mouseling with the sword.
5. Drybrushed with Reaper Blonde Highlight
6. The wizard Mousling got various shades of gray, finished off with a Linen White drybrush for his beard.

Forgive me, I really need to start writing down these steps as I go.

These, of course, still count for 52 Weeks, 52 miniatures. My total now is 5/52.

Sure, I had them painted well before today, but my personal rule is: If you don't have pictures, then it doesn't count.

Below is the ensemble of miniatures I've painted for my girlfriend over the last year or so. All of them come from Reaper. My girlfriend wanted the pegasus an rider to resemble more like pewter.


I feel like I'm off to a slow start. Each year time seems to fly faster than the year before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...