Sunday, April 14, 2013

A to Z April Challenge--halfway point, and Imperiks


For all of those taking part in the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge, congratulations--you're just shy of the halfway point! Tomorrow's "M" is letter 13 in the alphabet, just 13 more to go. 

So far, the challenge for me isn't writing a blog entry everyday--I was more or less doing that before (though I did take a break for 10 days before the challenge). For me the challenge is coming up with scripture that doubles as backstory for my fictional fantasy setting Domikka. 

While I wrote out several of the entries before hand, and had a general topic for what I was going to do on most days, things really didn't go as I had planned--as you can see from the scribbles in the first week in the picture above/ 

I typed up three entries that haven't been used. Oh well, I'll just save those for another time. That's just part of the writing process. 

Perhaps even more of a challenge is finding pictures to help illustrate these entries. I've been looking for decent pictures of what an Imperik would look like--golden hair, golden eyes, and all. Google "Golden hair golden eyes" or "blond hair and gold eyes" and you'll get lots of pictures of celebrity women and some anime girls. Yet the first result in one of my searches was Jamie Campbell Bower as King Arthur from the short-lived tv series Camelot--gah!

"So like, I'm supposed to be the king now... whoa..."
He sort of comes close. His hair needs to be more of a platinum blond but Imperiks do have angular faces. It's just he was terrible at playing a young King Arthur in Camelot. 

Juliet Landau as the psychic and psychotic vampire
Drusilla
from Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel

Drusilla's eyes are dead on to what Imperik eyes should look like. Now imagine her with platinum blonde hair, a lot more color in her skin, and without that "vampire brow."

All in all, I'm having fun with the challenge. I've encountered new blogs I wouldn't have otherwise and met new people--both gamers and writers.

After all, that's the point of it, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...