Thursday, April 18, 2013

Reflections on Swords & Wizardry Appreciation Day



By all accounts it looks like Swords & Wizardry Appreciation was a rousing success.

Erik Tenkar still lives after coordinating the 138+ blogs that participated in the event. According to posts on the G+ Swords & Wizardry Discussion Group, sales (not surprisingly) were way up. A lot of people were taking part in the 25% sale--myself included. I bought both the pdf and hardcopies of Swords & Wizardry Complete and Grimmsgate. So I'm looking forward to those to come in the mail.


The magazine Knockspell might comeback because of all the support showed yesterday, despite earlier this month Matt Finch being hesitant to make a decision. Bloggers would have to drive the magazine forward.


And because of Tenkar's hard work, there's now a huge blogroll of participants in S&W Appreciation Day over at 2000 Coppers. There's a lot of cool material out there that can be used to fuel Knockspell. I mentioned barely a handful of these in my post yesterday "Blog Overload (aka so much cool stuff)."

So, I think we might be seeing a renaissance within the Old School Renaissance, though its a bit early to tell. We'll have to see how things turn out. (The results from all of yesterday's giveaways still have to be announced after all.)

But I know where I'm going from here.

I'm resurrecting my Expeditions in the Northlands Campaign, which pretty much ended with a TPK last January. I'll be using, of course, Swords & Wizardy with the character "funnelling system" from Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG. You can read how that works here, if you haven't already.

Here's Schwarzer Engel's "Konigin der Nacht" (Queen of the Night) to celebrate. Normally I'd use some Rammstein, but they've been reserved for some upcoming posts and I don't want to sound repetitive...




...Besides, like my campaign, the guy in the video comes back from dead. 




1 comment:

  1. That was Metal....

    Never heard of Schwarzer Engel, nice.

    ERIC!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...