Saturday, May 11, 2013

Soundtrack Saturday: The Last of the Mohicans (1992)



The United States is filled with beautiful landscapes. Everytime I travel and see the mountains of the West or the forests of the East, The Last of the Mohicans motion picture soundtrack comes to mind. Yesterday I passed through the mountains of eastern Kentucky and Tennessee, and once again I heard the music by Trevor Jones and Randy Edelman.

I don't think there's any other movie soundtrack that brings to mind most of epic wilderness adventure. Epic--there's plenty of those. Adventure--of course. But epic wilderness adventure? If it surpasses The Last the Mohicans, I'd love to hear it.

Yes, the soundtrack is that good.

It features prominently in my Expeditions in the Northlands Campaign, which is all about epic wilderness adventure.

The samples below should give you a good idea of what I'm talking about.

I'd like to post more, but I've noticed confusion between the original soundtrack and the one released by the Royal Scottish National Orchestra in 2000--they are not the same. Get the original. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...