Wednesday, July 31, 2013

I'm unplugging for awhile and taking a break from social networking.

d20 Dark Ages isn't going away. But it'll get retooled in the coming weeks. 

I disabled/deleted my G+ profile--so if you look for me there, well,  guess you might find some "Garfield minus Garfield"-like posts.  

My computer can barely handle G+ anyway--I need some software upgrades. I got tired of putting up with my browser crashing half the time I scrolled down to few posts. 

But in reality, on G+, I feel like I'm standing in a crowded room, amid a circle of people which I only sort-of know. All of them want to have a lively discussion. Sometimes we do. Other times it seems like a few are just standing there saying Hey! Look at me! Look at me! 

I feel like I'm guilty of the same behavior with a heavy dose of all sorts of random. Somebody said to me the other day about how d20 Dark Ages goes from retrospectives, to transformers, and gaming philosophies--all in a single week. Is that all I have to offer? 

That's the real question, isn't it? What do I have to offer? 

And, more importantly, who am I offering it to? 

Once I figure those things out, I'll be back. 

4 comments:

  1. I never understood the G+ hype. Never bothered with it, either. But I hope you'll keep blogging. It doesn't have to be a concise effort. Writing about what seems interesting enough to share at the moment is more than legit, I think.

    Anyway, I enjoyed a lot of the stuff you wrote. But, of course, take all the time you need :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck and godspeed. Those of us not on G+ will be waiting for you here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like JD above, I enjoyed a lot of what you wrote. Looking forward to your return!

    -john

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly how you feel about G+. The switch to the three-column format killed any sort of latent interest I was nurturing. I generally Circle people back when they Circle me, but I'm never on there. Its only redeeming feature is Hangouts, which allows me to continue gaming with old friends who live 1000 miles away.

    When I started my blog, I started it for one reason: to have a place to post my thoughts about gaming just so they wouldn't be bouncing around in my head anymore. In other words, it's a place to help me sort out my personal interests, nothing more. People want to comment and share feedback, that is awesome, but I'd keep blogging even with zero followers and no comments. Write your blog for you, on your schedule. That's my advice.

    Looking forward to your return, under whatever format you might choose.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...