Monday, July 22, 2013

Mini Monday: Downsizing Unpainted Miniatures

How do you decide which miniatures need to go if or when the time comes?

I've been downsizing my miniature collection in recent months. It all really started with selling off my Warhammer Fantasy miniatures--both painted and unpainted. (For the reasons why, start here)

While I certainly needed the money, I also fell a weight lift. Finally my miniature collection seemed a bit more managable. Soon I was putting more miniatures, unpainted, up on Ebay. I've sold hundreds in the last 6 months or so, all getting decent prices, all going to better homes.

Now I need to do another count. I pretty sure I have about 1,000 miniatures total. A good chunk of those are my Hundred Years War miniatures, the rest are my D&D figures (prepainted and otherwise).

Instead of having hundreds and hundreds of miniatures to paint, I have now a couple hundred or so--most HYW. Instead of having a vague timeline of getting everything done, the end is now in sight.

It's a great relief to know that, if I steadily keep painting, I'll have all of my miniatures completed in about two years, if not sooner.

What then? I don't know. I doubt I'll buy anymore until then.


1 comment:

  1. It's very hard to decide. Realizing I'd never paint the Reptiliad army I wanted to prompted me to sell them on eBay (they're up right now, actually). But it was hard. Maybe in selling round #2 I'll get rid of a few more . . . but yeah, if I've had it for 10 years and I can't see painting them and using them in this game I'm playing now . . . better to sell them off.

    Still it's really hard to pull the trigger and admit they're never even leaving the blister.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...