Monday, December 23, 2013

Mini Monday: Half-Orc Fighter and Human Death Cleric

I haven't done one of these in a long while (not since June, yikes!) I've pretty much given up on the 52 weeks, 52 miniatures challenge for this year. Unless I somehow catch up in the next week or so, I doubt I'll make it.

Below are the Half-Orc Fighter and Human Death Cleric from the old Chainmail D&D Miniature line. I had these painted up way back in the day, but never really liked the way they turned out. So I stripped them in Pine Sol and painted them over.

A closer look at the half-orc. I used a combination of Army Painter and Reaper paints. 

Here's the Death Cleric. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to take pictures of miniatures. 


So that makes 11 out of 52. 

Somewhere along the way I just lost interest in painting. I just wasn't making the time to finish all of the projects I've started. Maybe I was just putting to much pressure on myself. It happens, I suppose.

The figures in the background are 12 Welsh bowmen for Saga. I figured a Saga warband would be fun to complete--a mid-level project to gain a sense of accomplishment while I continue work on my Hundred Years' War armies. 

3 comments:

  1. Do you remember anymore about the orc mini... Like what line or when it was last made or who made it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you remember anymore about the orc mini... Like what line or when it was last made or who made it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The half-orc comes from the old metal D&D miniature line that WotC put out in the early 2000s. You can find a list of all those old figures at
    Miniatures Workshop

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...