Friday, December 6, 2013

We truly are in a Dark Age (Lamentations Over the HeroQuest Kickstarter)

Yeah, I'm one of the many people upset over the HeroQuest 25th Anniversary kickstarter getting shut down over an intellectual property dispute. Yes, I know I'm not 10 or 11 anymore, but man, I really liked the original HeroQuest boardgame. I wish I would have been smarter back in the day and begged my parents to buy multiple copies. The game is a classic. And my lone copy is pretty worse for wear--playable--but I rather not put it through anymore gaming.

Thus, I was looking forward to this Kickstarter--or at least being able to buy the game after the Kickstarter ending.

The original game was just fun, if a bit basic.

But back in the day I probably played more HeroQuest than D&D; HeroQuest took less time to set up. You picked one of the character types--barbarian, dwarf, elf, and wizard--and just played.

Everytime a gaming company releases a "D&D lite" kind of game, I ask: "Is it gonna be like HeroQuest? With some miniatures, some basic rules, and assorted bits?" The old D&D 3e/3.5 basic games came close. But where were the furnishings?

I don't own the Pathfinder Beginner Box, but it looks like it doesn't have miniatures, but pawns--boo!

I was really looking forward to the HeroQuest 25th Anniversary Edition, but alas, it seems not meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...