Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Day 5: Level 12th, I had character make it to level 12

His name was Elron, a Gandalf-like wizard for 3.5e who ended up taking levels of Loremaster. The campaign itself lasted for about a year or so, playing almost every Sunday evening. I remember the first few levels going pretty quickly because the DM wanted us to get to "the good stuff " faster.

I, unfortunately, had to drop out of that campaign and miss the conclusion, because I worked in retail, selling appliances at Sears, and it was the holidays, so that meant a lot more hours.

Oh sure, I made a ton of money on commission, but I'd work long hours every week, and watch the Magic of Capitalism stress out employees and customers alike.

Yeah, I'm still kind of bitter about it after all of these years, now that I think about it.

The other PCs needed me. They had ended up at the gates of a non-Euclidian city much like R'lyeh. They got pretty beat up. I think a character or two even died. I missed out on the horrors.

It was also just a good campaign, and Elron was my first character ever to go above 10th level. My only one in fact.

I guess that's what happens when you DM most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...