Saturday, February 8, 2014

Day 8: First set of polyhedral dice?


How I am I supposed to remember that? Who the hell came up with these questions? ;)

Did my brother let me borrow his dice? I don't think he would have, but I remember having a dicebag in 6th Grade--but who's dice bag was it? When did I start buying dice?

I know my brother eventually stitched together a handmade dicebag for me to use. It lasted for many, many years before finally the string broke and I bought a leather one.

I remember looting boardgames for more d6s. I was also fond of buying D&D "starter" games like Dragonstrike and Dragon Quest and often kept the dice from those.

Some of those dice are still in my collection, I'm sure. Though several years ago I did do a "purge" to get rid of dice that liked to roll low so they wouldn't "contaminate" some new dice I had just bought.

This happened after summer when my character for Dark Heresy, Jericho, just couldn't roll worth a darn, and I also got sick of the monster and villains in my own games being push overs because of lousy die rolls.

In summary: I really don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...