Monday, March 10, 2014

Can't Sleep

Stupid daylight savings time.

Maybe in certain campaigns that feature trains, magitek, and perhaps time zones (Eberron?) would have daylight savings time to mess with people.

It doesn't help I've got a lot on my mind: upcoming projects, finding steady work, interesting revelations of where I currently work, etc.

The brief nighmare I had a little while ago didn't help either. Something about standing in a garden/courtyard of well trimmed bushes in the daylight. I heard a woman scream and frantically tried to find her. Then I woke up.

I read Chapter 2, "The Passing of the Grey Company" in The Return of the King before trying to go to sleep. Usually reading before bedtime helps--a habit I developed as a kid. But this time it only prompted me to think about the difference between the chapter and the movie.

--In the movie, Aragon, Gimli, and Legolas only enter the Paths of the Dead, in the book they are accompanied by around 30 Rangers, the sons of Elrond, and horses.
--The chapter is told from Gimil's perspective for the most part. He's the last to enter.
--You don't get to see the apparitions in the book. Tolkien describes them only has whispers and voices.
--Also, at no point does Aragorn boldly proclaim his right as the true king of Gondor to the "head spectre."
--In the extended version of the movie, Aragon, Gimli, and Legolas almost get buried in massive avalanche of skulls. That doesn't happen in the book, either.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...