Saturday, March 1, 2014

In Retrospect: the D&D 40th Anniversary Blog Hop Challenge (A Thank You)

Thanks to everybody who participated. I've visited every body's blogs--I still need to re-visit more and add them to my "points of light" list. I also need to finish another list of highlights. Lot's of good stuff out there. 

The D&D 40th Anniversary Challenge achieved its objective: collecting stories of gamers who've been playing for a long time to those who've started recently.  Some started back in the day with the Holmes Boxed Set, others started with 4e. But I'm still amazed how this hobby brings people of different generations together.

Also, even if you didn't finish, keep those entries up. Finish them when you can. I, unfortunately,  pruned a website from the list--they started the challenge, got behind, and then deleted all of their entries for some reason. One blog just vanished, so I removed the link.

The Good News: The challenge  spread beyond its participants--a number of blogs who hadn't signed up did the challenge anyway, some didn't find out about it until the very end. I'll add these soon once I figured how to do so in Linky Tools. If you want your blog added, post a comment at on the D&D 40th Anniversary Blog Hop Challenge Page. 

Oh yeah, and Linky Tools is great. I will be using it again in the future. 

For now, d20 Dark Ages is going back into its regularly scheduled posts, at least until the April A to Z challenge. I'm working on Finding the Gems in 2e. Some upcoming gems include: 

The Fiend Folio Appendix for the Monstrous Compendium.
WGQ1: Patriots of Ulek 
WG11: Puppets (Yeah, I must be sucker for self-punishment--but there's some salvageable material in this adventure). 

Thank you once again for sharing your stories. Thank you to +Timothy Brannan for his advice and help designing the badge. And thanks all of those who read d20 Dark Ages.

I think this is just the beginning of D&D's 40th Anniversary. 2014 is going to an interesting year for gaming as a whole.


4 comments:

  1. Thank YOU for organising this. I really enjoyed waxing nostalgic last month and it's certainly rekindled my plans to run my own game for our group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Tim. Thanks for getting this together. It was fun to look back and watch others do so too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great fun! I enjoyed reading everyone's posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to add my thanks to those above. It was a great way to start my new blog.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...