Wednesday, March 19, 2014

March Madness Non-D&D OSR Blog Challenge (Part 3)


21 What is the narrowest genre RPG you have ever played? How was it?

Warhammer Fantasy Role Play, 2e. You think you're playing D&D, 
but its more like Call of Cthulu.

22 What is the most gonzo kitchen sink RPG you ever played? How was it?

GURPS. I played a human in the local ROTC. Another character was some sort
of catman thing. Another player ran a talking dog. And the last player played
a pixie who admitted that a single swift kick would kill his character. 

They needed me for my character's "leadership skills." After I learned what
everybody else was playing, I promptly left the table. 

23 What is the most broken game that you tried and were unable to play?

D&D 4e--just to be facetious, and because at the time I didn't think it was really D&D. 

24 What is the most broken game that you tried and loved to play, warts and all?

Star Wars d6, by West End Games. Well, the game itself wasn't necessarily
broken--but man Jedi could break the system and surpass other characters. 

Though hobbits in Middle Earth Role Playing could be nigh-invincible. 

25 Which game has the sleekest, most modern engine?

Oh, I have no fraking clue. 

26 What IP (=Intellectual Property, be it book, movie or comic) that doesn’t 
have an RPG deserves it? Why?

My unpublished books. (I guess I should get working on that). 

27 What RPG based on an IP did you enjoy most? Give details.

Middle Earth Role Playing, by Iron Crown Enterprises. It was just fun
playing in Middle Earth, and getting experience points for inflicting criticials
on your enemies. 

28 What free RPG did you enjoy most? Give details.

Oh, I don't know. 

29 What OSR product have you enjoyed most? Explain how.

Swords & Wizardry--its easy to run and play. Though I'd really really really like to give
Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG a shot. 

30 Which non-D&D supplemental product should everyone know about? Give details.

Ultimate Toolbox. Crack open the book and find the details. 

31 What out-of-print RPG would you most like to see back in publication? Why?

I have no idea. 


And there we have it. Challenge completed. Sort of. 

I'm already working on some better stuff for the April A to Z Challenge. 
I'm statting up a bunch of "old school" non-D&D monsters for the challenge.

1 comment:

  1. Looks to me like you completed the challenge!

    Also, I'm digging your A to Z theme.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...